Centered around the book’s hero, Adventure Ted is a brand of positivity created to help people overcome challenges. In the spirit of this philosophy, we would like to invite you to participate in the #AdventureTedChallenge2020. Starting April 27th, 2020 (through June 6th) complete the 41 days of challenges designed to keep you safe and to find the little adventures that life has to offer.
Enter and participate via Facebook.
- A parent/guardian acts as Team Leader and posts the Entry Post to their wall (see below) as well as all subsequent challenge posts.
Complete Daily Adventures
- For each post, state the daily challenge (see The Adventure Card), including photo and/or video proof (extra 2-point bonus if you do both).
- Tag BOTH @AdventureTed.Official and @ChildhoodCancerSociety, use hashtag #AdventureTedChallenge2020
- This is how we track your points. No tags or hashtags, no points!
- Only one post per activity per day (unless otherwise stated)
- Complete every task on The Adventure Card by the end of the week for a SPECIAL BONUS
- At the end of each week (Saturday at midnight EST), points are tallied and we will let everyone know where they stand on Sunday afternoon.
- See below for prize details
- At least 1 parent/guardian who has Facebook. They are the Team Leader
- At least 1 child who is in elementary school (k-5). They are the team’s Adventurer.
- Every team must have a copy of Adventure Ted: Night At The Enchanted Theme Park
- The first 2,020 participates to sign up will receive a free copy of the book to begin the Challenge
- Follow our Facebook groups and message us your address and that you intend to participate in the #AdventureTedChallenge. We will mail you a copy ASAP!
- The book can also be purchased at https://adventuretedworld.com/product/adventure-ted- book/ for teams that have entered after the first 2,020 free books have been distributed
Entry Post (This can only be done 1 time):
Make a post on the Team Leader’s wall of the Team Adventurer holding Adventure Ted: Night At The Enchanted Theme Park state the following:
- The first name and grade of the Adventurer
- That you are participating in the #AdventureTedChallenge2020.
- This is worth 10 points.
- Ask your friends to share the post. Every share is an extra 1 point!
Weekly Leadership Prizes:
The top 10 point winners of each week will receive a $50 Amazon Gift Card. This will reset every Sunday after a winner is announced.
Adventure Ted Challenge Champions
There will be 10 winners and the prizes are as follows:
1st $2,020 amazon gift card
2nd $1,500 amazon gift card
3rd $1,000 amazon gift card
4th – 10th $500 amazon gift card
Disclaimer: Full terms and conditions available below and at www.adventuretedworld.com/events
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Aside from the initial purchase of the Adventure Ted book no purchase or payment will improve your chances of winning. The #AdventureTedChallenge2020 (the "Challenge") entry period begins at 12:01 AM Eastern Time ("ET") on April 27, 2020 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on May 31, 2020 (the "Entry Period"), when all entries must be received. Eastern Time shall control for all purposes of this Challenge. The Challenge is governed by these Official Rules and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited.
1. Eligibility. The Challenge is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States, who are enrolled in an accredited elementary school, in grades Kindergarten to 5th, at the time of entry. Proof of residency and age may be required prior to the award of any prize. Employees of Adventure Ted LLC ("Sponsor"), and their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, and advertising or promotional agencies, and the immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter or win. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year, whether related or not. In order to enter the Challenge or receive the prize, you must fully comply with the Official Rules and, by entering, you represent and warrant that you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, whose decisions shall be binding and final in all respects relating to this Challenge.
2. How to enter. During the Entry Period, Participants must take part in the “40 Days of Challenges” as described. Furthermore, the Entry must comply with the Entry Requirements set forth below in Section 3. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59 PM ET ON MAY 31, 2020. Although it is free to enter, standard message and data charges may be incurred if you use your mobile device to enter the Challenge. Limit one (1) Entry per person throughout the entire Entry Period. Entries by the same person in excess of the limits stated herein will be disqualified. Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the Facebook account from which entry is made at the time of the entry. Entering or attempting to enter the Challenge multiple times through the use of multiple Facebook accounts is prohibited and any such entries will be deemed void and disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entry that Sponsor believes, in its sole discretion, may be defamatory, obscene, profane, indecent, offensive, harassing or otherwise inappropriate in any way or that may infringe upon or violate another party's rights or violate these Official Rules.
3. Entry Requirements. The Entry must comply with the following requirements: (i) the Entry must be posted on one (1) parent or guardian’s Facebook wall; (ii) the Entry must include the hashtag #AdventureTedChallenge2020; (iii) other than the Sponsor, its products, brands and/or logos, the Entry may not show, contain, mention, depict, refer or otherwise allude to the name, logo or product of any other retailer, manufacturer, brand, product, store, place of business, person, company or character in such a way or manner as to imply an affiliation with, or endorsement of, the Sponsor, its products, brands and/or this Challenge; (iv) the Entry may not contain, mention, refer or otherwise allude to any material, subject or otherwise that is violent, lewd, vulgar. obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, racially or morally offensive or otherwise contain inappropriate content or objectionable material; (v) the Entry cannot display or promote nudity, religion, alcohol, illegal activity, drugs or tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any political agenda or message; (vi) the Entry cannot in any manner defame, misrepresent, contain disparaging remarks or reflect negatively about Sponsor, its brands, products, or other people, products or companies or their products, or in any way reflect negatively upon such parties or explicitly or implicitly communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill with which Sponsor wishes to be associated, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion; (vii) the Entry cannot contain any personal identification, such as personal names, email addresses or street addresses, without express permission; (viii) the Entry cannot depict and cannot itself be in violation of any law; and (ix) the Entry must otherwise be in compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entry that Sponsor believes, in its sole discretion, does not comply with or is in violation of these Official Rules or that otherwise contains prohibited or inappropriate content.
4. Indemnification. Each entrant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of entrant hereunder.
5. Prize. Winners will be determined based upon Sponsor’s leader board. Prizes will be awarded as stated above at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to amend the prizes at any time throughout the course of the Challenge at its sole discretion. Any and all federal, state and local taxes on the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Gift card is subject to its terms and conditions and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. If prize or any portion thereof is not accepted, is unclaimed or unused by a winner, it will be forfeited and will not be substituted. No transfer, refund, cash redemption, substitution or replacement of prize or any prize component permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value (or cash equivalent). ARV of prize is in U.S. dollars.
6. Winner Notification. The potential winner will be contacted via direct message and may be required, in Sponsor's discretion, to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and Publicity Release (where permitted by law) (collectively, the "Affidavit") by the date or within the time frame specified by Sponsor or an alternate winner may be selected. If potential winner is under the age of majority in its state of legal residence, the Affidavit must be executed on its behalf by its parent or legal guardian. In the event: (a) a potential winner cannot be reached for whatever reason after a reasonable effort has been exerted or winner notification or Affidavit is returned as undeliverable; (b) a potential winner declines or cannot accept, receive or use the prize for any reason; (c) of noncompliance with the above or within any of the aforesaid time periods, (d) a potential winner is found to be ineligible to enter the Challenge or receive the prize, (e) a potential winner cannot or does not comply with the Official Rules, or (f) a potential winner fails to fulfill the Affidavit-related obligations, the potential winner shall be disqualified from the Challenge and an alternate potential winner may be selected, at Sponsor's sole discretion, from among the other eligible entries received.
7. Publicity Release; Use of Personal Information. Except where prohibited or restricted by law, a participant’s entry constitutes the their agreement and consent for Sponsor and any of its designees to use and/or publish entrant’s name (in whole or in part), city and state of residence, photographs or other likenesses, pictures, portraits, video, voice, testimonials, biographical information (in whole or in part), and/or statements made by entrant regarding the Challenge or Sponsor, worldwide and in perpetuity for any and all purposes, including, but not limited to, advertising, trade and/or promotion on behalf of Sponsor, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised, including, but not limited to, print, TV, radio, electronic, cable, or World Wide Web, without further limitation, restriction, compensation, notice, review, or approval. By entering the Challenge, entrants will be sharing their personal information with Sponsor, such personal information will be collected and be used for administration of the Challenge and awarding the prize. In addition, by entering, entrants agree to Sponsor's use of entrant's personal information. Sponsor is not responsible for disclosures made by any third party.
8. No Tampering; Right To Cancel; Modify. Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, directors and members shall not have any obligation or responsibility, including any responsibility to award any prize to entrants, with regard to: (a) entries that contain inaccurate information or do not comply with or violate the Official Rules; (b) entries, prize claims or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer, human or technical error of any kind, including but not limited to, inactive email or social media accounts or an entrant's failure to monitor its email and/or social media accounts; (c) entrants who have committed fraud or deception in entering or participating in the Challenge or claiming the prize; (d) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (e) any inability of the winner to accept the prize for any reason; (f) if a prize cannot be awarded due to delays or interruptions due to Acts of God, natural disasters, terrorism, weather or any other similar event beyond Sponsor's reasonable control; or (g) any damages, injuries or losses of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from awarding, acceptance, possession, use, misuse, loss or misdirection of any prize or resulting from participating in this promotion or any promotion or prize related activities. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be (a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Challenge, or with any website promoting the Challenge; (b) acting in violation of the Official Rules; or (c) entering or attempting to enter the Challenge multiple times through the use of multiple Facebook accounts or the use of any robotic or automated devices to submit entries. If Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that technical difficulties or unforeseen events compromise the integrity or viability of the Challenge, Sponsor reserves the right to void the entries at issue, and/or terminate the relevant portion of the Challenge promotion, including the entire Challenge promotion, and/or modify the Challenge and/or award the prizes in a random drawing from all eligible entries received as of the termination date.
9. Release of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranty; Forum Selection Clause. By participating in the Challenge, entrants and winner agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, directors and members (the "Released Parties"), from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever, including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including emotional distress), and/or death, which may occur in connection with preparation for, or participation in the Challenge, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of the prize or participation in any Challenge- related or prize-related activity and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to entrants or to any other person's computer, regardless of how caused, relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with this Challenge. Entrants and winner acknowledge that Sponsor has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representations or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize or any component thereof. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant or Sponsor in connection with the Challenge, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York. In addition, any dispute relating to the Challenge (including these Official Rules) shall be brought in the appropriate state or federal court having jurisdiction over the subject matter located in New York County, New York. Entrants hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non conveniens or lack of personal jurisdiction that they may have. Any and all claims, judgment and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees, and under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and further waives any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
10. Sponsor: Adventure Ted LLC. This Challenge is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Any and all questions, comments or complaints regarding the Challenge must be directed to Sponsor, not Facebook, at email@example.com.